When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- In anticipation of long voting lines through Election Day, popular reading app Scribd is offering a free 30-day subscription to US readers to keep them busy while they wait to cast their ballots.
- Read more: Vote in person if you're young and healthy — it's relatively safe, and your vote is more likely to count
- Read more: When early voting starts and ends in each state
- Sign up for Insider Reviews' weekly newsletter for more buying advice and great deals.
New users who register by November 3 will have full access to over a million books, podcasts, magazines, and more.
How to get a free 30-day subscription
A free subscription will last 30 days, and, unlike the app's standard 30-day trial, you won't have to include a credit card number when you sign up. Currently, it's only available for new accounts and within the US.
How to use your free Scribd membership
Scribd editors curated book and podcast playlists to keep you occupied in your voting line. The list ranges from articles discussing key election points to unrelated, funny audiobooks if you're one of the many Americans looking for some stress relief right now.
Scribd's curated 2020 election reading and media lists:
- How to Connect in Divisive Times
- Unwind With These Calming Audiobooks and Podcasts
- Laugh Away the Stress
- Escape Election Stress With Some Good Stories
- Entertainment While You Wait: 30 Minutes and Under
- Entertainment While You Wait: 1 Hour and Under
- Entertainment While You Wait: 3 Hours and Under
What to know about Scribd in general
Scribd is one of our most recommended reading apps. Its selection is varied and full of bestsellers, its price is comparatively low ($9.99/month for unlimited access), and it has useful and intuitive features that allow for offline reading and note-taking. I've personally paid for a membership since 2015. You can find a full Scribd review here.