When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Black Friday begins November 27, but Macy's starts rolling out its deals ahead of time, on November 24. Some deals begin the week before Thanksgiving, on November 16.
- Use the code BLKFRI to get an extra 20% off some items.
- Macy's will have great deals on clothing, jewelry, cosmetics, kitchenware, and home goods.
- We're also following Black Friday deals from Amazon, Target, Walmart, The Home Depot, Nordstrom, and more stores.
- Read Insider Reviews' Black Friday 2020 deals coverage for more savings.
The pandemic has many retailers reworking Black Friday to keep stores less crowded. Macy's will be closed on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 26 but will reopen for Black Friday. You can get an extra 20% off select merchandise with code BLKFRI.
For those who want to skip the store, Macy's will actually begin its deals in the weeks leading up to Black Friday. It has some offers beginning on November 16, with its bigger deals starting on November 24, online and in-store.
Best early Black Friday 2020 deals
- Up to 50% off designer handbags
- Snag a Bulova Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch for 50% off at just $144
- Find winter coats for men and women up to 60% off
Best Black Friday 2020 deals starting November 24
How do we select the best deals at Macy's?
- Products meet our coverage standards. We choose brands that we've tested and trust.
- We compare prices against Amazon, Target, Walmart, and other retailers. The deals we include are the same or better (not including promotional discounts from using certain credit cards).
- We look at products' price histories to evaluate how significant the savings are.
When does Macy's Black Friday sale start?
Black Friday 2020 is November 27 and Cyber Monday is November 30, but many retailers already started their sales. Macy's has early days beginning November 16, and you can start shopping Black Friday deals on November 24.
What should I buy from Macy's on Black Friday?
Macy's will have tons of deals on shoes, clothing, and accessories for adults and kids. Its home goods section will also offer great prices on cookware, small appliances, bedding, and more.
Should I enroll in Macy's Star Rewards?
In 2018, Macy's opened up its Star Rewards program to all customers -- not just those with a Macy's credit card. You can enroll for free as a "bronze" member. You'll earn 1% back in rewards, which is $10 for every $1,000 you spend. There are also extra perks, like a birthday gift and access to certain offers.
The rest of the rewards tiers require a Macy's credit card.
Can I order online and pick up in a Macy's store?
Yes, but remember that the stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. On regular shopping days, you can get both contactless curbside pickup or go into the store to retrieve your order. Many locations also offer same-day or next-day delivery for certain items.
How does Macy's compare to other stores on Black Friday?
You won't find many of the tech deals on offer at Best Buy, Target, and so forth. Macy's will be discounting cookware, vacuums, clothes, holiday decor, and home goods. You'll probably find some overlap with Kohl's, Target, and other department stores on some of the kitchenware and small appliances. That's good news if something is out of stock at one place; you may be able to find it at another.
Macy's does have some exclusive brands and products made just for the retailer, including some cosmetic sets.