- You can track your AirPods using the Find My app or iCloud's website, which can pinpoint the last location where they were online.
- Make sure you've turned on Find My for all your devices as soon as possible to have an up-to-date location on all your Apple products.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
The Find My app (a combination of the former Find My Friends and Find My iPhone features in iOS 13 or later) allows users to keep track of all of their Apple devices and accessories, especially if they go missing or are stolen.
AirPods are notoriously tricky to keep track of, but they can be found using both the Find My app and your iCloud account. If you've lost your iPhone and AirPods and don't have access to the Find My app, you can access the feature through a browser window using your iCloud credentials.
Note that you'll need to have enabled Find My location tracking on your Apple devices prior to losing them in order to locate them using the service.
How to track AirPods using the Find My app on iPhone
1. Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
2. At the bottom, select the "Devices" tab.
3. Scroll through the list of devices and select the name of your AirPods.
4. After a brief moment, the location of where the AirPods were last connected should appear. The description may read "No location" if your AirPods are offline or have a dead battery.
5. If you are having a hard time locating your AirPods, you can select the "Play Sound" icon. Your AirPods should play a distinct sound that will gradually get louder. The sound will stop playing after two minutes, or until you find your AirPods and connect them with your device.
6. Find My can only locate one AirPod at a time. Once you've found the first one, put it back in the case and refresh the app by closing it and opening it again.
How to track AirPods using iCloud
1. Go to the iCloud website on a web browser.
2. Sign in using your credentials.
3. Select the "Find iPhone" icon at the bottom right of the page.
4. At the top, click "All Devices" and in the dropdown menu, find and select the name of your AirPods.
5. If you are within reach, select "Play Sound" to help locate your AirPods.