- You can pin chats on Signal so that your frequently visited conversations remain at the top of the screen for easy access.
- To pin a chat on an iPhone, swipe it to the right and tap "Pin" in the swipe options. You can repeat the right-swipe to unpin it.
- To pin a chat on an Android, tap and hold the person or group and then tap the pin icon from the banner atop the screen. You can unpin it the same way.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
While Signal is best known as a highly secure messaging app that delivers end-to-end encryption for text, voice and video, it doesn't neglect ordinary conveniences. If you commonly communicate with a person or group, for example, you can pin that chat so it's easy to find.
How to pin chats on Signal on an iPhone
1. Open the Signal app on your iPhone.
2. Find the individual or group chat that you want to pin to the top of the screen and swipe it to the right. Don't swipe it all the way, or you will mark it as unread. Stop when you see the options appear.
3. Tap "Pin."
The chat should now appear in the Pinned section at the top of the screen. If you no longer need this conversation pinned, you can repeat the process you followed to pin it: Swipe it to the right and tap "Unpin."
How to pin chats on Signal on Android
1. Open the Signal app on your Android.
2. Find the chat you want to pin to the top of the screen. Tap and hold it until the banner appears at the top of the screen.
3. In the banner, tap the Pin icon.
The chat should now appear in the Pinned section at the top of the screen. If you decide you no longer want it pinned, repeat the process you followed to pin it. Tap and hold the conversation, then tap the Unpin icon in the banner at the top of the screen.