- You can give your Instagram Highlights a cover photo, made from any photo or video in the Highlight.
- By default, your Instagram Highlight cover will be the first photo or video frame in the Story.
- To make a new Instagram Highlight cover, open the Highlight and then open its "Edit" menu.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
It's possible to post highlights of your Instagram Stories to preserve a selection of your stories, which usually disappear after 24 hours.
After you post Instagram Stories, they'll be saved in a private Stories Archive in your account. You can turn any of these stories into "Highlights," which will appear publicly on your profile page.
Each highlight has a cover photo, and the default cover option is the first photo or video within that highlight. But it's easy to change the highlight cover to another image so it looks exactly the way you want on your profile.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to make Instagram highlight covers
2. Tap the profile icon on the far right of the bottom menu.
3. Find your highlights under your profile bio and select the one you want to edit the cover of.
4. In the bottom right-hand corner, tap the three horizontal dots above the word "More" — this will access the highlights menu.
5. Select Edit Highlight from the pop-up menu.
6. Under Edit Highlight, tap Edit Cover.
7. Toggle through your highlights to find the photo you want to use as the cover. If the photo you want to use as the highlight's cover is not already in your highlights, you must add it.
8. Resize it to your liking.
9. Tap Done in the upper right-hand corner, and once more to save your changes.