- If you want to delete a YouTube comment you left on a video, you just need to find the comment and make a few clicks.
- Google also offers a "Comment History" page that you can use to view all your comments at once.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
The YouTube comment section is often as popular as the actual video on which people are commenting. YouTube comments give you the chance to share a thought or memory, debate a topic, decry an opinion, or support someone else's stance.
YouTube comment sections can be home to hilarious anecdotes or brutal vitriol, but either way, they're rarely boring.
If you've left a YouTube comment that you now want to remove, you can always delete it.
Removing YouTube comments only takes a few seconds whether you're on a computer or on mobile, so don't throw up your hands and leave that pesky comment out there for all to see.
How to delete YouTube comments directly from the comment
1. Log into your YouTube account and go to the video with the comment you want to delete.
2. Tap or click on the three vertical dots to the right of your comment.
3. Click "Delete."
A text box will appear reading "Comment Deleted" to confirm that your comment has been removed.
How to delete YouTube comments from your account's Comment History
1. Log into your YouTube account's Comment History page. You'll need to log in to access this page.
2. On the Comment History page, beside the comment you want to delete, select the "More" icon - it looks like three vertical dots.
3. Click "Delete" to remove the comment, or "Details" if you'd like more information about the comment.