- You can easily delete podcasts from your iPhone after you've downloaded them by swiping any episode to the left, and selecting "Delete."
- Deleting podcast episodes can help free up space on your iPhone, and make it less cluttered.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Nearly every iOS device automatically comes with the Podcasts app - where you can listen, download, and subscribe to thousands of podcasts.
When you download a podcast to your iPhone, you can listen to it offline, like on an airplane or while out on a hike with little to no cellular service. You can also delete a downloaded podcast from your iPhone, and it's as simple as swiping.
How to download a podcast on your iPhone
1. Launch the Podcasts app from your iPhone. You can find the app by asking Siri, searching for it in Spotlight, or finding the purple icon on your home screen.
2. Find an episode of a podcast you wish to download by using the menu options at the bottom of the page.
3. Once you've found a podcast to download, tap the "+" icon to the right of the episode's title and description. This will add the podcast episode to your library.
4. After you've added the podcast episode, download it by tapping the icon that looks like a cloud with an arrow pointing down. This means the episode will be available offline.
5. You can stop the download at any time by tapping the stop icon.
How to delete a podcast from your iPhone
1. Launch the Podcasts app.
2. Find the podcast with the episode you wish to delete.
3. Once you've selected the podcast with the episode you wish to delete from the "Listen Now" tab, swipe left. An already-downloaded podcast will not have a "+" or a cloud icon to the right of its title.
4. Tap "Delete."