- You can cancel your free ComiXology account or the subscription-based ComiXology Unlimited through the Memberships & Subscriptions page under your account profile.
- ComiXology Unlimited members can cancel their subscription through the auto-renewal option, but free account holders will have to directly contact the platform.
- If you change your mind about canceling ComiXology Unlimited, you can sign back up by logging back into your account and restarting the auto-renewal process.
- There is currently no way to cancel your ComiXology account from the mobile app.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories
ComiXology is a cloud-based digital platform that lets you read comics from various big and small publishers on your computer or mobile device. The service offers thousands of free and low-cost issues, graphic novels, collections, and more, as well as a bevy of cool reading and membership features.
Owned by Amazon, you can sign up for a free account or pay a small monthly subscription fee of $5.99 to get access to an even bigger library and special pricing deals via ComiXology Unlimited.
While there are many reasons to stay a ComiXology member regardless of the tier, the time may come when you want to cancel either account version. Whether you've decided to switch to another digital comic reader like DC Universe Infinite, or if you've decided to go old school purchase physical copies from your local comic shop, ComiXology makes it easy to cancel your membership.
Once you cancel a paid membership, you'll have until the billing cycle ends to access the benefits of Unlimited. Once you cancel your free account, you'll need to sign-up again.
Here's how to cancel a free or Unlimited ComiXology account.
How to cancel ComiXology Unlimited
1. Sign into ComiXology.com in a web browser.
2. Click the arrow next to your name in the top right of the ComiXology dashboard.
3. Select "My Account."
4. Choose "Billing."
5. Click the "Manage or cancel your comiXology Unlimited membership."
6. You'll be redirected to your Amazon subscriptions page. Make sure you're viewing "Active Subscriptions."
7. Click on the arrow next to "Manage Subscriptions" for your ComiXology listing.
8. Under "Next Payment," you'll see a button to "Auto-renew" toggled ON. Click it to turn it OFF.
9. A pop will appear asking you if you want to turn off auto-renewal and lose your current ComiXology Unlimited membership. Choose "Turn off auto-renew."
10. Your Unlimited membership with ComiXology will become inactive on the last day of your current billing cycle. If you wish to re-subscribe, toggle on the auto-renewal option.
How to cancel a free ComiXology account
Unlike the Unlimited membership, there is no "switch" for canceling your free ComiXology account. So if you want to delete it completely, you'll have to reach out to the company directly. After signing in to ComiXology, scroll to the bottom of the home page and click the Contact Us link.
A new window will appear, allowing you to send a message to the comics platform. Provide your first and last name, the email attached to your ComiXology account, and write a message stating you want to cancel your account. Then click "Send," and an agent will be in touch.