When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Amazon's pre-Black Friday sale is underway, but the absolute deals await those who shop during Black Friday, which lands on November 27.
- Historically, Amazon offers huge discounts on electronics, home goods, fashion, and more. This year is unlikely to be an exception.
- See also: Amazon's Holiday Dash sales event promises Black Friday-like prices now through November 19 — here are the best deals available now.
- Read Insider Reviews' Black Friday 2020 deals and Cyber Monday 2020 deals coverage for more savings.
Amazon Prime Day might still be fresh in your memory, but in a few weeks' time, Black Friday will be here. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the best days of the year to shop for TVs, kitchen appliances, smart home devices, and fashion.
Although Black Friday officially starts the day after Thanksgiving, Amazon's already releasing several Black Friday deals during its Holiday Dash sales event which updates daily with new, limited-time deals.
When will Amazon have its Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale?
Black Friday is an annual sales event that traditionally happens at the end of November, after Thanksgiving, and followed closely by Cyber Monday. This year, Black Friday and Cyber Monday land November 27 and November 30, respectively.
Are there any early Amazon Black Friday deals?
Shoppers can expect thousands of deals to crop up on the days leading up to and following the big sales event. For instance, Amazon launched its Holiday Dash event mere days after Prime Day, which promises "Black Friday-worthy deals" through Thursday, November 19. Amazon refreshes its offers, which run the gamut of categories including tech, clothing, and kitchen appliances, daily.
That said, many retailers, including Amazon, often wait until the big day to drop the best deals.
Other great deals from Amazon
- Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite, $18 (originally $30): Down to $18, this is a great price drop on a pared-down version of the standard Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Beats Powerbeats Pro, $160 (originally $250): Discounted in the red and black colors, this is a huge discount and new all-time low for a pair of totally wireless headphones from Beats by Dr. Dre.
- Ring Video Doorbell 3, $140 (originally $200): Usually going for $200, this $60 drop is a great price for the latest of the Ring Video Doorbells. It also comes with the option to add on an Echo Show 5 for only $10.
What should I buy from Amazon during Black Friday?
Amazon is the everything store — which means if something is on your shopping list, it will likely see a discount during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
We'll likely see huge discounts on Amazon's in-house brands, Fire devices, Kindles, and Echo smart home gadgetry that matches what we saw during Prime Day. Plus, we expect to see several of Amazon's services dramatic markdowns like we saw on Prime Day, tweaked slightly.
Consider Amazon Music Unlimited: On Prime Day, Amazon offered 4 months of its premium tier for $1, while for Black Friday, the offer is 3 free months.
On top of that, the sale will likely encompass every product category Amazon offers, which is to say, everything. Tech, beauty, home and kitchen, fashion, and smart home are some of the categories to be on the lookout for.
Last year, we saw discounts of up to 50% on streaming sticks, voice assistants, headphones, and more.
There are two deal types you should be aware of during Black Friday: daily deals and Lightning deals. The former are one-day offers, usually grouped by brand or category, and change at the end of the day. The latter are limited-time offers, often less than 24 hours, released throughout the day.
Each is limited by stock. So, it's not unwise to reorganize your shopping behavior; create the order first and agonize about the purchase afterward (you can always cancel the order before it ships without any penalty.)
How we selected the best deals at Amazon
- We only choose products that meet our high standard of coverage, and that we've either used ourselves or researched carefully.
- We will compare the prices against other retailers like Target and Best Buy and only included the deals that are the same or better (not including promotional discounts that come from using certain credit cards).
- All deals are at least 20% off, with the occasional exception for products that are rarely discounted or provide an outsized value.
Do I need to be a Prime member to shop Black Friday at Amazon?
Unlike Prime Day, which required a Prime subscription, Amazon's Black Friday sale is open to everyone.
However, shopping on Amazon costs more and takes longer without a Prime membership. That said, if you're like most Americans and plan to do most of your holiday shopping during Black Friday, we strongly suggest you become a Prime member.
A Prime membership costs $13 per month, or $119 for a full year, which may seem steep, but it's still completely worth it. Of course, you could sign up for a 30-day trial, or just pay for a month-long membership. (You're in the window where you can start now, shop Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and not have to pay for the subscription.) Amazon also offers discounted Prime memberships for a few select groups.
No matter how you spin it, subscribing to Prime is the best way to make the most out of Amazon during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Can I order online and pickup in a store?
Unlike Target, Best Buy, and Walmart, Amazon shoppers are unable to shop at a store.
However, Amazon offers a few ways to ship your orders in addition to the standard two-day shipping, including free same-day shipping (which may be hard to come by during Black Friday), Amazon Day scheduled deliveries, and Amazon Hub Locker pickup, which offers a self-service delivery location, or locker, to pick up and return your orders.