Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. US stocks fall after sell-off linked to Archegos. Credit Suisse and Nomura stock fell dramatically on Monday, other banks are also impacted.
2. Oil drops as the ship blocking the Suez Canal is partially refloated. The pressure on global supply chains should ease as a result.
3. Credit Suisse loses $5 million in market value. Its shares fell up to 14% after the bank warned of a large loss linked to the Archegos fund.
4. Americans are turning to Reddit for stock advice. The Wall Street Bets channel has gained huge popularity since the GameStop saga earlier this year.
5. A broad stock sell-off in the first half of 2021 is unlikely Fundstrat says. This is due to rolling corrections in areas including tech and energy.
6. Earnings due. China Pacific Insurance Group and China Petroleum Group shared their Q4 results.
7. Economic data coming up. No significant data releases are due.
8. Cathie Wood says she is "very carefully" watching innovations in China. The star fund manager discusses 3 companies and 5 trends on her radar.
9. Goldman Sachs expects a rebound in crude oil prices by year-end. The firm says to buy these 8 beaten-down stocks for the recovery, including one expected to surge 49%.
10. The CIO of an art-investing firm says NFTs could eventually bring traditional works onto blockchain technology. Cynthia Sachs shares her best advice for investors looking to buy NFTs.